When Jackson was a baby, we had a Bumbo for him and I loved it! Granted it only “worked” for a couple months and then he was trying to push out of it…lol.
But if you have one of these in your home… stop using it. There is a HUGE Bumbo Baby Seat Recall going on right now.
Since a 2007 recall, at least 50 incidents have been reported in which babies fell while the molded-foam seat was on a raised surface. Nineteen of the incidents included skull fractures, the company and the CPSC said in a statement.
Another 34 reports have been received of infants hurt while the one-piece seat was on a floor or an unknown elevation. Two babies suffered fractured skulls.
People with the seats are urged to stop using them until they install a repair kit.
About 1 million Bumbo molded-foam seats were recalled in October 2007 in order to provide more warnings against use on raised surfaces.
Jackson was NEVER in his seat on a “raised or elevated” surface unless I was RIGHT there. I remember putting the bumbo on our table and sitting at the table RIGHT in front of him.
NEVER…EVER leave your child unattended… even in a high chair! Those little bodies are stronger than you think! :)
Check out all of the details on NBC.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.