Have you ever wondered how the “seasoned” couponers shop at Copps on Double Daze? How do we keep track of our items and how do we keep track of our transactions?
Well, this post is FOR YOU!
I have put together a little lesson on how I shop Double Daze at Copps.
Most of the time, I do not have my transactions mapped out BEFORE I get to the store. I usually spend at least an hour in the store to do 2 transactions. I know, an hour seems like a lot, but when you save a TON of money, an hour is worth it :)
Shall we begin?
Before I leave, I make sure I print out my Copps/Pick ‘n Save Match-ups, so I know what I am hoping to score.
When we get to the store, we will need to get out our coupon binders and get them all situated in the front of our cart.
- To make sure my binder fits nicely in the child seat of the cart, I make the strap go as long as it can and fasten it around the “crotch” part of the front of the child seat area; this will push the back of the seat more forward.
- Then, place your binder on top of the back of the seat, and rest it up against the front bar of the seat. It will stay in place just fine.
- I then hang my purse around the cupholder, so it is always handy.
- I keep my scissors handy because sometimes, I have to rush out the door with my uncut internet coupons in hand, because I ran of time! lol :) This way, I can cut them when I use them!
- The little, cute cupcake coupon holder was made by my good friend, Gina, over at LuLu Cuties Originals. I have it sectioned off for each transaction, on the inside. So, when I put an item in my cart, I find the coupon that goes with that item and put it in the appropriate transaction section.
Organization. It’s ALL about organization :)
NOW, I am ready to shop!
I need to keep track of the items I put into my cart, so I just use a piece of paper to jot things down.
Here is how I organize what I write down:
(This is from a trip in July, 2011)
See the circled 2 at the top? This means I am on transaction #2. (Transaction #1 is on the other side)
If I put something in my cart, I write it down, along with it’s price and how much will come off of each product with a coupon. ($1Q)
I then place the coupon for the product in my little cupcake coupon holder that I mentioned above :)
In THIS Case, I was using a Buy 2, Get $1 off Oscar Mayer Lunchmeat Coupon and since it was Double Daze, the coupon will double to $1.00 off EACH O.M. Lunchmeat.
I also keep track of how many coupons I am doubling. You can see in the picture, that I do this by circling the # of coupons each product will take. Since I am using a $1/2 coupon, I am only using 1 coupon per 2 items.
I total up my purchases and keep track of them to get to that $25 threshold.
As you see in the picture, I am at $25.36 BEFORE Coupons…but I am only using 2 coupons in this transaction!!! So, what does that mean? I have 3 more I can use! (or 8 more, if it’s Double Double Daze!!)
When this happens, I look through the sales ad and my coupons to maybe see if I can get a few items for FREE after doubled coupon. This way, my OOP (Out Of Pocket) stays LOW and I get FREE Stuff!
There are lots of ways to keep your transactions organized when you are shopping Double Daze. I would LOVE to hear how YOU keep organized with your transactions! Please leave a comment and let us know! :)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.